Secret Sister Easter Gifts Day #1

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This is Day 1 of the gifts I gave my Secret Sister. I covered 3 tins in the colors of her craft room - Rose Red and Cameo Coral. I included a punch she hadn't yet bought and her favorite candy. Among the flowers she likes is the gardenia and the rose. I tried to make a gardenia out of paper and it was a big flop! But I found several tutorials on folding a Kawasaki Rose. It took me several days and enormous mounds of paper to finally get it down - but now I can fold one on the spot!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh I love the Kawasaki Rose you did, very cute. :)

Liz Goldhawk said...

That rose looks fantastic! What a wonderful gift... I'm sure she'll love it!

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Oh, what a BEAUTIFUL flower! I may have to try that....although, I don't know if mine will be that pretty!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh my how unbelievably sweet of you! I know your SS will flip over this! That rose is just stunning (:

Unknown said...

You are an origami queen! What a wonderful swap!

Unknown said...

beautiful rose!