Tribute to all Mothers!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008


So, I know many people might find this a bit queasy... Yesterday, I witnessed the birth of my new nephew, Shawn Scott. My awesome sister-in-law, Erin, was very happy to let me be a part of such an extraordinary occasion. And since I don't have any biological sisters, and never gave birth myself, I was excited that she was so willing! It was so different than you usually see in the movies (go figure). But I am left with such an admiration of all mom's! She was in a lot of pain and endured it so well. (Thank goodness for the epidural that took forever to kick in!) I know for her it may have gone on forever but the whole process seemed to go so fast and he was here! What a miracle that happens every second of the day! And she was already planning the timing of her next one - WOW! Erin, you are one incredible lady as all mother's are! I know that most people don't find photos after giving birth too attractive but either do those after running a marathon - and I think she looks amazing! Happy BIRTHday Shawn!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Absolutly AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

Erin looks great, Dad looks so happy and you are lucky to have witnessed such a wonderful miracle called life. Happy birthday little one. Congrats Auntie

loving life in Morgan, Utah said...

Congratulations Erin and the whole family! Another cute one! Erin you look so vibrant, you certainly don't look like you just gave birth!! Where do you get your energy?

Julie H
Morgan

ER said...

Boy! I don't know what picture you all are looking at, but the one I'm seeing is different, Smiling, Shiny, and sad looking hair. oh well, I guess you never approve of yourself the way you should. I can't believe he's already gained a pound! I'm glad you were able to be there Amy!


Erin